Coming to Jesus at Camp

CAMP CEDAR CLIFF – God works in many ways, sometimes, he works miracles by using humans as a vessel to do so. Here at JCS, some students claim to have been used by God to do miracles for others. One such student is Hayden Brams.

For the past five years, Hayden has been going to Camp Cedar Cliff where he gets to help younger teens have fun while also assisting in building their faith in God as a counselor. Hayden said, “I got to lead thirty guys this summer, and God wanted me this summer for that.” This year, while working at Camp Cedar Cliff, one of his campers told him they believed in atheism and had done so for most of their life.

Hayden explained, “When I went up there for this summer, God told me my mission was to do the best I can for Him and that he placed me there for a reason.” The camper started asking Hayden questions about Christianity after seeing his friends do the same. Hayden then encouraged him to read his Bible and pay attention to the sermons. On the third day of the camp, the camper pulled Hayden out of a service with tears in his eyes and exclaimed how he wanted to give his life to God. “In his life it was a miracle, but it was just a part of my journey,” says Hayden. Hayden then prayed over the camper and asked Jesus to come into his heart.

For the remainder of the camp, Hayden got to bond with this camper and show him what it means to be a Christian. Although Hayden does not know whether the camper has remained faithful, God’s presence in Hayden’s heart allowed him to bring this camper to Jesus.