Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

The Magic of Storytelling – My R.E.A.C.H. Week Experience

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – At JCS, R.E.A.C.H. Week is an important part of our year. Many different courses are offered that highlight many different talents and abilities. I chose the Magic of Storytelling course with Ms. Herrera and Ms. Bradley.

We dove into the elements that make up a good story, and even went to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. In the course, we wrote one short story and edited it according to the different element we learned about that day. The first day, we wrote our rough drafts of our short stories. After that we had a break and watched a short about working at Disney. Then, we did a worksheet that had questions about the main character in our story.

During the following days, we edited, changed, and made our stories better. Even though we were writing, we still had a lot of fun by watching Disney movies and shorts. In addition to writing stories, everyone in the course learned about decoding messages, because at Disney there would be a fun surprise planned for us.

Early Thursday morning, everyone arrived at the school to get on the bus for our field trip. At the park, we mostly just rode rides and had fun, but Ms. Herrera and Ms. Bradley had a fun scavenger hunt planned for us. It took everyone around the park to different attractions and everything led back to the Haunted Mansion. We had to use a special decoder wheel to decode secret messages, and the first group to finish the hunt won! My group finished first and won the challenge. Even though my group didn’t get on many rides, I still had a lot of fun hanging out with friends and making memories.

R.E.A.C.H Week was a fun experience and I am glad that chose the course that I did. I can’t wait for next year!