Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

R.E.A.C.H Week – Washington, D.C. 2024

WASHINGTON, D.C. – On Monday March 11, 2024, the Washington, D.C. trip began. At 6:45 in the morning, everyone met at the JCS Big Carline. Everyone showed up there with their bright red Washington, D.C. hoodies. The teachers led a prayer before everyone climbed on the bus to head to the airport. 

The airplane took off at 9:00 am, but first lots of people got Starbucks. We landed at Baltimore Airport around 11:00 am. After that, everyone got their suitcases because everyone checked their luggage before climbing on the plane. At the airport, we met up with our tour guide, Mrs. Debby. She was our tour guide for the entire trip. Right after the plane landed, everyone got their checked luggage and went to the bus. The bus headed to Ford’s Theater where Abraham Lincoln died.

After that, we headed to the White House to take some pictures and to see what it looks like in real life. Some people even saw Secret Service on top of the roof of the White House. Next, we went to the Iwo Jima Memorial which is the US Marine Corps War Memorial. After that, we went to the Washington Monument. Did you know that at the tip of this monument there is a Bible inscription which says, “Praise God” and two stones engraved with Bible verses? The Washington Monument was beautiful because the sun was setting so all the flags were so pretty. Also, when we were walking towards it, we saw cherry blossoms! We were lucky to see them because it wasn’t time for them to bloom yet.

To end our day, we had dinner and went to the World War II Memorial. It had lots of fountains in the middle with all the states bordering it. On Day 2, we began the day by going on a guided tour to Mount Vernon where George Washington lived for a part of his lifetime. Also, this was where he died. After we went to Mount Vernon, we went to the FBI Headquarters. This is the biggest FBI building and the main building too. After the FBI building, we went to the Museum of the Bible. In the Museum of the Bible, we went on a simulator that showed us the entire city of Washington, D.C. It also showed lots of evidence of biblical characteristics around the city. After we went to the Museum of the Bible, we went to the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial. At this memorial, there were statues of Franklin D. Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt, and their dog Fala. At the end of Day 2, we went to the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial and the Jefferson Memorial. 

On Day 3 we began our day by meeting Brian Mast, the Florida Congressman. After that, we went into the Capitol building. This is where everyone in Congress works. We were there for almost the entire day. Directly after leaving there, we went to the Holocaust Museum. Maylee Mize said, “The best part of the trip was going to the Holocaust Museum.” The Holocaust Museum was about the Holocaust, and it was when Hitler killed millions of Jews among many others. After this, we went to the Lincoln Memorial where there was a gigantic statue of Abraham Lincoln sitting down on a chair. On that day, we didn’t do much since we had spent so much time walking through the Capitol building.

On Day 4, we started wrapping up our trip. This was the last day we were in Washington, D.C. Our flight took off around 6:30pm. To start the day, we had breakfast and then headed to Arlington National Cemetery. This is where the JCS wreath layers helped carry the wreath to show respect for the Unknown Soldier. Right after this, we went to the National Air and Space Museum. To end the day, we went to the National Archives. This is where the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence is kept. Alison Siebrecht said, “Going to all the monuments was my favorite.” The museum was the last thing we did before we went to the airport. The trip was great, and everyone loved going to Washington, D.C.