Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

R.E.A.C.H. Week-Independent Study 2024

Here workers are working on a tiny house to be rented out.

INDEPENDENT STUDY, NORTH CAROLINA – The Independent Study Course for R.E.A.C.H. Week is a course designed to let students go off on their own and explore Entrepreneurship in an area. This course allows them to venture and see what kind of job they may like to pursue in their future. For my course, I flew to North Carolina and saw what kinds of jobs there are there to offer and the different kinds of them.  

Monday, March 11 – I began my day in North Carolina by shadowing behind a commercial helicopter pilot and many other things. We started the day by going to job sites where tiny homes are being built and eventually will be rented out. Then after we went in the helicopter and flew around and did the pre and post flight checks, I also learned what all the things do in the helicopter itself and I fueled it up.  

This is a listing that was showed.

Tuesday, March 12 – I spent the day with a realtor. We spent the day from start to finish doing multiple things such as rotary, an office meeting, went to multiple showings, met a contractor, and then measured a home for a listing. It was very eventful and non-stop phone calls coming in and sharing news with people.

This is an active job site with electrical work being done.
Here is the tractor we moved hay with.

Wednesday, March 13 – I spent the day with some electricians and went to active job sites where the house was getting completely renovated. I learned about all the materials and things that need to be kept in check. We went through the houses and did some electrical work and there was constantly something to be done. We then headed back to the office and took a look around the warehouse and after lunch met a contractor to give us some information on some land for where we would build something.  

Thursday, March 14 – I worked at the farm where the people there tend to the animals and cows and eventually sell the beef and eggs to people and the stores. So, on Thursday I went around and fed the cows, fed the chickens, collected the eggs, and learned to drive the tractor.  

In all, R.E.A.C.H. Week taught me about how different jobs are run and there are many things behind the scenes that go into a business that a customer would not know of. It was a great experience that I would do again.