Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

Behind the Scenes: Annie Jr.

GENERATION CHURCH – The cast of Annie Jr. is so excited to display their amazing talent after working extremely hard for 3 months! 

As we have been nearing show day, the cast has been going through tech week. The process is long and tedious, but it helps to perfect the performance. With amazing casting and directing by Ms. Sust, hair, makeup, and costumes by Ms. Rosco, and choreography by Ms. Jessie, we cannot wait to show off what we can do.  

The process in general has been extremely fun. We all got to do what we love while working with others as a team to create something together. We are also so grateful for our supporting family members and friends. They have been a part of this as much as we have. The adults provided snacks, and the younger and older siblings have been there to support our run throughs and to help set up the house. (The section for audiences.) “It’s been time consuming, because I have to wait hours just for Zoe, but in the end it’s worth it, because I’m excited to see the show and see Zoe perform,” shared Evvy Gephart, a 7th grader who is a younger sibling to Zoe, who is a leading cast member. We are excited to share our performance with you and others.  

The main parts have gone to a variety of students of all different ages. Kylie Martin, a Senior, landed the main villain of Ms. Hannagan. Joshua Joseph, a Junior, will be playing Mr. Warbucks, and Deborah Cohen, a Junior, was cast as Grace Farrell. I would also like to make a shoutout to Sis Dennis, who as a 5th grader scored the leading role of the play, Annie, sharing her role with Junior Zoe Gephart.  

The cast is so excited to do the performance, and we hope you enjoy the show!