Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

Who loves Christmas most at JCS?

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – There are many holidays that people celebrate every year, but Christmas is the best holiday for a few JCS students that I had the opportunity to interview.

Rowan, Olivia, Alison, and Eva all believe that Christmas is meaningful to them in many ways. They all seem to agree that they have a favorite Christmas tradition or memory with their family. Olivia mentioned opening one gift on Christmas Eve as a special tradition in her family.  Eva remembered following the Santa Tracker in past years with her family.  Rowan said that her family likes to enjoy their Christmas meal together followed by an exchange of gifts and Alison recalled spending time with family around their beautiful Christmas tree.   

Being with family and remembering the true meaning of Christmas is the most important thing during the holiday. Rowan said, “I love Christmas because it celebrates the birth of Jesus.” Eva mentioned, “I love Christmas because I get to spend time with my family while remembering Jesus.” Olivia believes that “Christmas is about celebrating the holiday with family and taking this time to think about the meaning of Christmas.” And Alison said, “I love spending time with my family while looking at the lights and remembering the birth of Jesus.”  

Christmas would not be complete without Christmas movies and fun songs. Olivia mentioned that the movie Home Alone and the song “Silent Night” are holiday favorites that stand out in her mind when she thinks of Christmas.  Alison said that she remembers the movie Elf and really likes peppermint bark around Christmas.  Rowan says that the song “Jingle Bells” seems to get stuck in her head around the holidays.  Eva says the song “All Alone on Christmas” is a holiday classic and loves all Christmas movies that bring out the true spirit of Christmas and create family time around this special time of year.  There are many holidays that people celebrate every year, but the true meaning of Christmas is why this holiday is so meaningful to these JCS students.