Introducing Principal Joshua Wade

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – The 2024 Student Staff of “The Beak” welcomes new JCS Principal Joshua Wade in round table interview.

This year at JCS there are so many new things – new teachers, new students, new classes, a new Athletics Department, facilities updates, and so much more! One very salient addition to our school is High School Principal Joshua Wade. Recently the staff of “The Beak” (also completely new) had the opportunity to sit down with Mr. Wade for an in-depth interview, which we hope will help our student body get to know their new and clearly dedicated principal a bit better.

Mr. Wade grew up in a small town in Maryland north of Washington D.C. called Damascus. In his years growing up, he loved the freedom of being a kid – running around in woods with his friends, causing trouble and having a good time. He was one of four children growing up in his family. He was the oldest boy, but he also has an older sister, a younger brother, and a baby sister.

Of his faith, Principal Wade says, “I grew up in a Christian household, but it wasn’t a very traditional one. I always knew God was real; I always knew Jesus was great, but I did not have a real encounter with Christ until I was 19 or 20 years old.” He went on to describe himself as a “bad kid” and a “troublemaker” during his years in high school – receiving bad grades and skipping school often. This lifestyle led to him barely graduating from high school, and consequently he was not accepted into college right away. The Lord used this experience to humble him. As Wade put it, “If you don’t accept humility, humility will find you.” Through this experience, Mr. Wade learned who Jesus really was and accepted Him as his true Lord and Savior. Now, being in education himself, he uses the experiences of his past to speak authentically to students about their own struggles and help them avoid the pitfalls he faced.

His advice to students new to the faith is simple. First, read the Bible. Second, find a community of people your own age who are also walking in faith to do life with. Finally, find a spiritual mentor who is walking authentically with Jesus. Mr. Wade attends Calvary Church in Jupiter Farms where several other JCS families also attend. His favorite Bible verse is 1 Peter 5:2, “Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve…” (NIV).

Athletics have also been a huge part of Mr. Wade’s life. In high school he played soccer and several other sports – though he would say soccer was his best sport. He served as a goalkeeper and a captain for his team. Says Wade, “It was the one place where I accepted my role and did what I was supposed to do…as opposed to school where I did not.” This was the first opportunity he had to practice leadership which is now his career.

Sports continued to play a big part of his life throughout high school, but in college things took a different direction. He met Christ there, and shortly after college he met his future wife. Together they began travelling the world and serving Christ. He has taught classes in the slums of India, ministered in mud huts in Tanzania, and much more. Now that he is settled in Florida, he and his wife have a son named River, and he continues to make his faith an important part of his career and life. He has also added flyfishing to that mix. Says Wade, “I love flyfishing in salt water – that is my go-to hobby.”

Mr. Wade received his college education from Virginia Wesleyan University in Virginia Beach, though he had to take a “gap” year after high school due to his poor grades. As Wade explained, “It was the only school that would take me, but it ended up being a great experience because it launched me into a teaching career.” Later he received his master’s degree from Regent University. Says Wade, “I always wanted to be a teacher. It was kind of the sports thing. I loved my teachers who engaged me, so I wanted to be like them, and it was also an opportunity to coach – which was really my biggest passion.” Mr. Wade majored in Social Studies and Secondary Education. His master’s is in Educational Leadership. When asked what working in education has taught him, his answer was, “We have the best job in the world, first and foremost! I can honestly say I have never had a bad day as a teacher.” At this point, Mr. Wade has been in education for fifteen years and has served in five schools over his career. When asked if there were any other career fields that spark his interest, he said, “I can’t see myself doing anything else.”

It was incredible having the opportunity to meet with and interview Mr. Wade. It is evident already that our school is in good and dedicated hands. So far, on our campus, Mr. Wade has been impressed with the deep faith evident in so many in the JCS family. Says Wade, “That has been a great and beautiful surprise.” We are so excited to welcome Mr. Joshua Wade, and we look forward to an amazing year under his leadership.