The End of this Year’s Tennis Season

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – With the Tennis season over, there were many achievements and drawbacks the athletes faced while playing intense matches with numerous schools.  

The athletes represented JCS through excellent sportsmanship and skills were developed over the season. This year’s Tennis team has pushed many to become better and to continue pursuing the sport to get ready for next year and what it will have to offer. Giving insight on the topic, Miki Trzesniowski, the #2 seat on the team says, “This year we tried our best, but sadly most of our players lost in the first round during Districts.”

Miki pointed out how the team was outmatched by some of the other schools that have more organized programs which allow their players to quickly improve. This loss points out some of the areas for improvement for our the Tennis team, and as Miki mentioned, “The players could improve their serves and practice holding longer rallies.” These improvements would give our players an advantage over other schools as they could focus on being consistent instead of risking a lot of points. But on the other hand, the team also had numerous victories, allowing the athletes to finally see the results of their hard work.

The hard work of these athletes outlines their victories which gives them motivation to keep moving forward in the future of the sport. Miki also talked about how the school could invest more in the sport and extend the season so that the players have more time to improve and get ready for Districts. He also proposes that the school could give the team access to the gym where they can perform exercises that could help with their overall performance. 

Highlighting the player’s achievements over the season, Miki says, “I won about 7 games out of 12.” He is satisfied with his wins but still sees room for improvement in his performance during some of the games. Just like Miki, many others had similar success on the team but should always look to improve and become better not just during the season but also all year round, becoming even better for when the next season comes.