Basketball Prodigy

Basketball+Prodigy

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Matthew James is the starting center of the Men’s Varsity Basketball team.

He is a 6-foot 7-inch-tall prodigy that dominates every game with a significant number of points, rebounds, and blocks. This article will cover Matthew’s thoughts on the team and their long playoff run. They have even blown out competitive teams such as Miami Christian and Benjamin High School. Now, this is what Matthew James has to say. To start, Matthew is very proud of the team and gives credit to his teammates and coaching staff.

Matt says their success was not a surprise, since last year they went all the way to District Finals. This year they did improve though, winning the District Finals and losing in the Regional Semifinals. Matthew also states that he is personally proud of his performance, averaging 9.6 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 2.6 blocks, as well as being a great contributor to the team’s physicality. Matthew does not like to point out who was the best or worst on the team. Instead he humbly says that everyone contributed in some way, on and off the court, in the games and in practices.

Overall, the team was very good, but there are still some things that Matthew believes they could have worked on. He spoke on how the chemistry within the team could have been better, to create better offensive and defensive strategies.

Matthew’s opinion of the future of JCS Varsity Basketball is that they will continue to be contenders. He says, “The JV players that are moving up along with the returning players Coach T will bring over will turn out to be a great team.”

In conclusion, Matthew is sad to leave the JCS community and team, but he is also excited to move forward in his journey to Northeastern Mississippi State Community College, where he will continue to dominate basketball.