Coffee, Community, and Culture

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – For my R.E.A.C.H. Week, I went on the coffee trip led by Mr. Trageser and Mr. Richardson.

On this trip we were given a French press to keep and a book called, The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer. This book is about how people should slow down their lives and stop hurrying. Our lives are filled with constant responsibilities and things to do. This causes weakened mental health and an unhealthy lifestyle, according to John Mark Comer.

Along with the book, we traveled and visited multiple coffee shops in the area. First, we went to Crux Coffee Roasters in Abacoa. Next, we went to Pumphouse Coffee. This shop was in West Palm Beach, and we had a full tour of their facility and restaurant. We saw their process of brewing and we were told the full story of how they started their own business and heard about all the trials and errors for them to get where they are.

We also visited other coffee shops and tried their coffee. Thursday and Friday were more relaxed days, and we visited the beach and played football and made more coffee using our French press and the air press. Even though we did not visit anywhere far for this trip, it was still exciting and fun.

My experience with this trip was that it was informational and different from the other trips. I never read books outside of school, so this was different from what I am used to. I learned a lot from the book since it pertained to my life. I find that I am always busy between school, sports, family, friends and other life responsibilities. To conclude, the week was very fun, and I am glad I chose this R.E.A.C.H. Week trip.