Junior Varsity Baseball

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Junior Varsity Baseball has some rising stars for the upcoming Varsity team spots – one of which is Sean Lehnhoff. Sean Lehnhoff is a pitcher, first basemen, and sometimes a shortstop for the Junior Varsity Baseball team here at Jupiter Christian School. I interviewed Sean about his experience this past season and some of the highlights.

Sean Lehnhoff, a current sophomore here at JCS, has been playing baseball for twelve years – since he was three years old! He has always loved baseball and always talks about it in class and anywhere else he goes. To jump into their season, Sean says that their season was more successful than last year, going 6-6. He says that his improvement has been steady with a higher batting average, more confidence, and getting stronger as well as more experienced. He feels that they have a strong and helpful coaching staff including Mr. Silvestri, Mr. Kostura, and others, and they have played a big role in his personal, and the team’s, success.

Sean also spoke on how there is no “best player” on the team, but everyone is good and contributes to the games and working together is the most important part of this baseball family. Sean was asked about the future of JCS Baseball, and he stated that lots of seniors are leaving, but we have a lot of young talent that will eventually move up, so no worries there.

Sean also says that the most challenging game they had this year was against Wellington High School and that they are the best competition around.

To finish off, Sean told a story about his best moment this year on the field, and it was when he went 3 for 3 at bat and also had a diving ground ball catch and threw to first base to get someone out. To conclude, the season was successful for everyone, and we look forward to seeing the team next year.