Spring Football: What is it?

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – For years, Jupiter Christian has had students participate in Spring Football as a way to prepare for the coming Varsity Football season. This event allows players to learn any new plays and adapt to the feeling of playing with a new team. Although there are major differences between Spring Football and the fall season, once players return to the field, they feel at home. 

Spring Football is a three-week long after school activity that allows the teammates to become comfortable with who they will be playing with the following fall season. As Hayden Brams said, “It is pretty cool, because you get another shot at another game before the new season, so it is pretty exciting.” This shows how Spring Football also gives players another chance to get a final win and show how they have improved over the winter season. Hayden Brams exclaimed how, “It helps build our team, our charisma, and chemistry between other people.” This is the main purpose of Spring Football as it allows the team to grow and learn what they are up against and how they can bond and overcome these challenges. The end goal of Spring Football is to play one last game. Players must practice for around two and a half weeks before they can display their skills.

Before joining Spring Football, preparation is necessary. According to Hayden Brams, when asked about the dress code, “Usually we wear padding, helmets, girdle, pants, jersey, and sometimes shirts and shorts.” Students that are debating on joining the team should be working out on a schedule and conditioning themselves so that the rigorous work does not wear them down. Practices usually last two and a half to three hours so it is a must that players are properly conditioned and able to handle the arduous work.  

Spring Football is an exciting but difficult sport that requires players to do their utmost best. However, the challenging work put in by each player helps build a formidable team that is ready to dominate their game. To join the football team, please see Coach Baz to find out the Spring Football meeting time, and when the first practice takes place. Although it is challenging, the feeling a player gets when they return to the field is worth the effort that they give in practice.