Softball – A New Player’s Thoughts

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Christmas is long gone and spring is upon us, and so are the spring sports. Softball is one of these after school sports, and this year we have a lot of new players. One of these beginners is Daylin Goldberg, a 7th grader here at JCS.

Daylin had always thought about joining softball, so this year was a great opportunity to try something new. Daylin says that before her season started, her mom helped her practice and learn some of the basic skills and rules to the game, because she had played in the past for her school team. Even though Daylin is still learning, she has put her all into practice and has worked hard during games. She plays mostly right field, and sometimes left field on our team. Daylin shared her opinion about fielding by saying, “If I’m being honest, right outfield doesn’t get as much action as I thought it would, so I think I really like hitting more than fielding.”

Our coach, Ms. Banas, has helped shape Daylin into the player she is now, and without her, Daylin would not be the improved player she is. Daylin says that she really loves Ms. Banas as a coach because she has known her since 2nd grade, and because she is a great leader. As she gets better and plays in the years to come, Daylin would like to play an infield position. She showed interest in playing 3rd base because it is a good place to start in the infield.

When asked if she thought that softball was harder than expected, she said that it was more difficult than she thought because it’s hard to think about how you’re going to do in a game. This may be her first season ever playing, but it for sure will not be her last. We can not wait to see what a good softball player Daylin becomes.