Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

JCS Youth Summer Football Camp

Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – As the fourth quarter nears to an end, the sun starts to become brighter and the weather warmer. Summer starts to come into view and with it all the exciting activities and opportunities just around the corner. With the school year wrapping up however, all of the spring sports and after school clubs seem to come to a halt. For this reason Jupiter Christian School offers many clubs and camps you can sign up for over the summer to keep you active and entertained.

Each camp has varying prices, age groups, lengths, numbers, and times letting you be flexible with booking. Over the last summer, I became a part of the JCS youth football camp coaching as a volunteer for community service hours. The camp takes place on the JCS field every morning for the duration of the week. All of the kids usually bring items such as cleats, gloves, headbands, mouth guards, and other football related accessories. Waters are usually brought due to the intense heat and constant activeness of the camp, but if not there are waters provided for the kids.

As a volunteer, I was one of many JCS Varsity Football players helping out with the campers. We were all given camp counselor shirts and led the campers through stretches and various warmups. When doing warmups we have the kids line up doing such exercises as high knees and lunges along with catching and route running. Once we finish up warmups, we move onto drills. Getting out different equipment for each drill, the counselors split up into stations that the campers rotate through over time. When we complete a full rotation, we move on to the final activity which is scrimmages.

The kids are split into four teams, two being older and two being younger, along with counselors to coach them. Naturally the younger kids will play other young kids and likewise for the older ones. Scrimmage is the part of camp the kids all look forward to the most as they all are very competitive. Once the time is up that’s when the kids are sent home. As counselors, we stay after to help and clean up and then we are good to go as well. Every year the kids look forward to camp so they can compete with friends improving throughout the week.

Summer is close by and it’s only a matter of time before camp rolls around again. With new kids and coaches, I cannot wait to see what this years football camp holds.