Jupiter Christian Students Sing Math Teacher’s Praises

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, August 24, 2022 – Ms. Kersten Harnly’s love of music may have led her to Jupiter Christian, but her amazing teaching style leads her students to love math.

Ms. Harnly, a former public high school teacher from Pennsylvania, was made aware of the opportunity to join Jupiter Christian’s faculty as a choir teacher by her good friend, Mr. Fields, who she says, “…made the transition easier…” in 2021. Her love of music and worship made this position a perfect fit, until, as we at Jupiter Christian know, when God calls, you answer!

Ms. Harnly answered that call. Jupiter Christian needed a high school math teacher, and Ms. Harnly decided that her Bachelor’s of Science in Education and Mathematics from Mansfield University should be put to use. Ms. Harnly’s talents allow her love of worship and mathematics to shine. Her Christian beliefs and knowledge of the Bible are, “…integrated into every part of a lesson.” She says she enjoys the freedom to share her faith, especially at Chapel.

Ms. Harnly’s love of Christ comes through in every interaction she has with her students. She is approachable, encouraging, and witty. She even begins every class with a pun! When asked how she felt about teaching in a Christian school versus a public school, Ms. Harnly remarked, “The mission field and opportunity to lead a student to Christ was greater,” in a public-school setting, but she, “…enjoy[s] being immersed in a Christian atmosphere.” Jupiter Christian is blessed to have Ms. Harnly as a part of our faculty and family.