Going from Middle to High School

Going from Middle to High School

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – August 22, 2022. Transitioning between middle school and high school can be hard for students. Hearing from a student who is currently going through it could make it feel less scary. I had the opportunity to interview Ashley Ramsey who is a freshman this year. Ashley has been attending JCS since 5th grade, so she knows a good amount about the school. She shared the way she feels about all the changes that come with going from middle to high school.

First, I asked her what she felt like the differences are between middle and high school. She said that they helped you along more in middle school and that lunch was much shorter. The classes offered in high school are different than the ones offered in middle school because there are more options and you get to have full say in the classes you choose.

As for teachers being stricter than they were for middle school she said, “They are more strict but also helpful and understanding.” As for the new Pathways Program she said, “I love the Pathways Program because it helps me zero in on what I want to do in college. I personally did the Fine Arts one.”

You are treated like an adult more than you were she explained as well as that the schedule is more flexible than last year because you have more of a say in your schedule. They do give you more homework though and start giving it earlier. As for organization she explained, “Yes, personally I already love being organized, but this year you especially have to be, so you have time for all your classes and anything after school.”

As for final exams she said that she feels that it will be stressful, but she is confident that her teachers will prepare her. When asked if she feels her peers are acting more mature than last year, she said, “Yes, most of my peers are showing that they want to learn just as much as I do and there are no disruptions.” In conclusion, moving from middle to high school can be difficult, but with the help of your friends and teachers you will adapt in no time.