Did you get MY message?

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Every day, God sends us messages. It is up to us to recognize and appreciate those messages.

Our job as Christians is, “…to know God and make Him known,” says Pastor Bill Murawski. He uses the analogy of spreading the Gospel by saying, “Leave a pebble in their shoe. Non-believers should be left with a desire to want more knowledge about Jesus and His teachings.”

My discussion with Pastor Bill led to the declaration that, “If people don’t know Jesus, they go to Hell.” No matter how many honorable deeds they do as a “good person,” deeds cannot cover your sin. Only Jesus can make us whole. Do not focus on the outside but the inside. We Christians, sometimes, do not act like we need Jesus, but we do. As stated in Matthew 23:27 some people “…look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean” (ESV). People may try to cover their sin, but no one is even close to perfect without Jesus.

God gave His only Son to forgive our sins, and we should spread the word about Him. The message need not be a grand gesture. God is always present. It is our gift as Christians to be able to listen to the whisper of God’s voice and share it with others.

2 Corinthians 2:14 says, “But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere” (ESV).

In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus tells His followers, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you” (ESV).

Pastor Bill heard God’s message through, “…many people that have spoken in my life at the right time.” He is grateful for those messages and we are grateful for his messages to us in our chapels every week.