The Influence of SGA on School Spirit

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Spirit Week is something that everyone looks forward to each year. Most of us only see the fun parts – like the costumes and events – but there is actually a lot more that goes into making it the exciting time we all love.

Our SGA is the main group behind the Spirit Week and Homecoming planning. They go to meetings once a week during lunch and discuss ways to make the week fun and engaging for all students.

Hannah Webb, the 9th grade Vice President of SGA, explained “Leading up to it, Homecoming and Spirit Week were big topics during our SGA meetings.” They decided on things like what the themes for the days of Spirit Week would be, what Homecoming would look like, and what the themes for the hallways were going to be.

Though SGA stands for Student Government Association, they don’t only focus on students. “We looked for ways for how not just students, but also teachers could be involved in Spirit Week,” Hannah explained. As you may have seen, many teachers dressed up for Spirit Week too. SGA always strives to make school spirit the best it can be. Says Hannah, “We were and always will be looking for ways to keep everyone engaged at JCS.”

In SGA, they also strive to do everything in a Christ-like way and to make everyone feel engaged at JCS. They truly do make all events at JCS what they are and without SGA our beloved Spirit Week and Homecoming would not be what they are.