Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
Finding Peace
April 19, 2024

A Student’s Point of View on Homecoming Week

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Freshman Kaya Price was nice enough to join me for an interview about Homecoming and Spirit Week.

Kaya thought that Homecoming and Spirit Week were great. As she explained, “We got to express our personalities through all of our different outfits. Since we usually wear our uniforms, it was fantastic for everyone to get to dress down.”

Kaya thinks that all the students enjoyed the Spirit Week themes because they were fun and interesting. She said everyone seemed happier, and she was too. Kaya’s favorite themes were the western and sports days. She thinks that the specific days were chosen because of how everyone could easily find something to fit the theme.

As for the hallways, Kaya believes that her class could have come together and tried a bit harder to make the Freshmen hallway have more spirit. She hopes that they will next year! It was only a couple of freshmen that contributed to the hallway. Kaya wants the class of 2026 to come together and be united.

The Homecoming Dance was also fun, but after a while, she got tired of dancing. She also commented saying, “The dress code made it a little hard to find a dress I liked, but in the end, I did.”

She also talked about how much she liked the activities such as the photo booth at Homecoming because you got the photo instantly. In all, everything about Homecoming was “a fun experience” and she will be thrilled to do it again next year.