Are You a Good Student or Teacher?

Are You a Good Student or Teacher?

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – We often ask ourselves the question, “Am I a good student?” Or “Am I a good teacher?”

Kaitlyn VanderWerf is a student here at Jupiter Christian. She has been attending this school for twelve years. She plays the flute in the school’s band and has a passion for music. She says that the key to being a good teacher is for them to listen to you when you have a question. She explained that it is important for the teacher to not dismiss your genuine question. Kaitlyn thinks that kindness is a valuable characteristic when it comes to being a teacher or role model.

In her opinion, a teacher who can talk to a student and not belittle them is one that is successful because they have students who respect them. Kaitlyn thinks that patience is a good attribute for teachers because without it the teacher would have a challenging time getting through the lesson.

Ms. Cich is a respected English, History, and Debate teacher. Ms. Cich started teaching at Jupiter Christian this year. She says that a good student is anyone who tries and puts effort into their work. Ms. Cich says that the character of a good student is one who is eager to learn and is excited.

In her opinion, to be a great student does not necessarily depend on grades but the attitude of learning and doing your work. The key to being a successful student, according to Ms. Cich, is that they are diligent, hardworking, and have an open mindset. A good student excels in organization and keeps everything on track. She expects her students to come to class with an open mindset and ready to learn.

Ms. Cich attended Flagler College in St. Augustine Florida! Her favorite Bible verse is John 13:34-35, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (ESV). Ms. Cich respects the students who are excited to learn even though it may be challenging to them. She loves all her students but her heart has a special place for the Price sisters because they always come to class thrilled to learn the material. They also share the enjoyment of writing.

The best part of teaching in her opinion is that she gets to be with her students and teach things she is passionate about. She thinks that sports can contribute to bad grades, but it depends on the student. Ms. Cich believes that if a student balances their academics and their sport then they will get good grades.