Christmas Time Sports Events

JUPITER, FLORIDA – Sport leagues always entertain people in their free time on Christmas Day and around the winter holidays. Leagues such as the NBA and NFL both display talent on Christmas. The NBA, or National Basketball Association, always has Christmas time entertainment going on. On Christmas Day, there were five games being played. First there was the 76ers vs. the Knicks, then the Lakers vs. Mavericks, Bucks vs. Celtics, and at nighttime the Suns vs. Nuggets and finally the Warriors vs. Grizzlies.

In the NFL, or the National Football League, there were three different games being played. First, there was the Packers vs. Dolphins, then the Rams vs. Broncos, and finally at 8:20 pm the Buccaneers and Cardinals. Also around Christmas time there were the College Football NCAA games. There were forty-three different bowl games occurring around the time of Christmas and through the New Year. Even top-ranking teams such as Duke, Oregon, Florida State and Alabama made appearances.

Having sports leagues schedule games on Christmas and around the holidays is very beneficial for people to fill in downtime and watch them with friends and family to continue bonding in such a special time of the year. Although sports are not the focus, having them displayed on the television is still a good way to have fun and spend your time.