Varsity Basketball Game: JCS vs Newman

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – The Eagles hosted a home game against the Cardinal Newman Crusaders on January 20, 2023. The Eagles prevailed in an easy win against them with the score of the game being 64-39.

The Eagles seemed to have had a good game and were being cheered on by the crowd. The entire gym was packed and filled with fans, most of them being students and cheering our team on.

Recently I spoke with the star player of the game Matthew James or Cinco Matt to his teammates. James had a career high of 32 points and in addition to that he had 11 rebounds. James also had five electrifying dunks to get the crowd energetic and bring energy to the team. James said that he felt like he played a good game, but he could have played a way better game if he had made more shots.

He also said that the team did not meet their scoring goal of 75 points. Besides this the team had a decent game and blew the other team out by nearly 30 points.

A high point of this game was not only the players but the crowd. The crowd was hype and ecstatic and cheered and made noises for every bucket and point scored. The environment in the gym felt like going to an NBA or college game. When a JCS player would dunk the ball and catch a body that is what got the crowd hyped the most.

Another high point was when player Colin Paul crossed up a player on the other team and drained a three-pointer in his face. This brought the energy and esteem of the team very high and allowed them to play well.

In the following game against Inlet Grove, James stated that his friend and former teammate Taj Green was on the team and playing against them. He only had to say that, “Yeah, Taj is my brother, but, on the court, unfortunately, he is the enemy – but after the game we went right back to being brothers.”

From talking to Matt, the Jupiter Christian Eagles are a force to be reckoned with and look to have a very great finish to their season.