Kick, Shoot, Score

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, January 23, 2023 – Kenzie Leysock and Jessi Turpin are two new freshmen on the Women’s Varsity Soccer team.

Kenzie and Jessi are freshmen who have made the Women’s Varsity Soccer team. This was a substantial change for them because the Varsity team is different than the Middle School team they were on. The difference between Varsity and Middle School Soccer is they take it much more seriously. In that case, Varsity cares a lot more about wins and the team’s ranking. Middle School was more for the fun. Also, the Varsity team cares how you work with the team and your attitude. It is all right to be confident, but when you get overconfident it does not help the team win. The Varsity team was not what they expected. Jessi says, “It is more serious which was surprising because it is a school sport.” Therefore, the team is very competitive and cares a lot about winning. If you are looking for a competitive soccer team, trying out for the Women’s Varsity Soccer team would be a good fit.

As in any sport, a team bond is key to success. The Women’s Varsity Soccer team has a good bond affecting how they play in games. Within a team bond, you must communicate when playing. Good team qualities are communication, teamwork, being close with your teammates, and being supportive of one another. Kenzie says, “We have a great support bench.” People who are on the bench of a game still have an important job, which is to support. Even though being supportive sounds like a small thing it really affects how well you play and keeps you motivated. Having a good team bond is everything in a group sport.

Being on the Women’s Varsity Soccer team has helped Kenzie and Jessi personally. Being on the Women’s Varsity Soccer team has challenged both of them by working with new team members. Along with having new team members, you meet new people, which is a valuable experience. Kenzie says, “If I wasn’t on the soccer team, I would have never talked to the juniors or seniors.” The hard part of being on a team is managing homework. This can be incredibly stressful, but there are many skills that can help with that such as no procrastination, and organization. Kenzie says, “The weekends are my best friends!” Prioritizing your work is helpful when you play a sport. A big quality that you need to be on the Women’s Varsity Soccer team is trying your best at every practice and game and giving 100%.

Kenzie and Jessi have learned a lot about what it takes to be a good team member by being on this team. They also learned many skills that are needed in the future, such as prioritizing, organization, and responsibility.

The Women’s Varsity Soccer team is a wonderful team that will teach you many life skills.