Thanksgiving with Mr. Wolz

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Thanksgiving is a special time of year for many families at Jupiter Christian School. Friends and loved ones travel from all over to gather together to give thanks, eat delicious food, and watch football. Mr. Kevin Wolz, JCS’s very own junior and senior Bible teacher and one of the school’s favorite teachers, has his own Thanksgiving traditions that he shared with “The Beak.”

Wolz came to Jupiter Christian in November 2020 after accepting a job as a Bible teacher, making 2023 his fourth Thanksgiving at JCS. However, this is only his second Thanksgiving as a dad. In fact, a funny Thanksgiving tradition that Wolz hopes to continue for years to come is dressing up his son in a turkey outfit. He hopes to continue this tradition even throughout his son’s high school years.

Family is very important to Wolz. He expressed that some of his favorite Thanksgiving traditions are eating food and watching football with his family. Wolz also said that one person whom he will forever be grateful for is his mother. In the interview, Wolz shared his gratitude for his mother, saying that his mother deeply impacted his life because she raised him and his three older sisters “basically by herself.”

However, Wolz says that he believes the most important thing about Thanksgiving is giving thanks to God. When asked what giving thanks meant to him, he shared a snippet from Romans 13:7, saying that giving thanks meant to “give honor to whom honor is due.” Like Mr. Wolz, many of us have our favorite Thanksgiving traditions that help us enjoy and celebrate the holiday. However, the most important aspect of Thanksgiving is found in its name. We should all use the holiday to give thanks to God for all He has done for us.