Favorite Places to Celebrate

Favorite Places to Celebrate

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – As Thanksgiving approached, I had the pleasure of talking with two students, Elliott Wilkens and Kevin Stephens, to learn about their favorite places to celebrate this special holiday. 

Elliott finds the best place for Thanksgiving right at his house, surrounded by all his family members. “My most favorite place for Thanksgiving is at my home. The whole family comes to my house, and it feels great.” 

For Kevin, the best place for Thanksgiving unfolds is at his grandfather’s house. “Thanksgiving is extra special at my grandpa’s. We all gather in his big living room and eat some great food. It’s my favorite place to be during Thanksgiving.” 

Both Elliott and Kevin love unique Thanksgiving traditions that make their celebrations special. Elliott’s family gathers early in the morning to prepare the feast together. “We all help in the kitchen. My mom makes the best stuff, and I get to help here and there. It’s a family effort, and it’s super fun.” 

On the other hand, Kevin’s family shares fun moments at his grandfather’s home. “We all tell fun stories and mostly have a great time. The food is still the best part.”  

Elliott and Kevin share the sentiment that Thanksgiving is not just about the food but the fun of being with family. For Elliott, the best part is the football games that follow the feast. “We watch football games, more football games, and sometimes even watch a few more football games.” 

As Kevin describes his grandpa’s house, he gets excited. “Sometimes, my grandpa tells us stories about when he was a kid. It’s cool to hear about the days when he was young. And you know what? He tells the best stories and I’m so glad I get to hear them.”

These two guys were counting down the days until Thanksgiving, ready to create more great memories in their favorite places. Whether it’s at home with the whole family or at grandpa’s, the fun of Thanksgiving shines through, making it a truly special time for these two guys.