A2 The Shooter

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Aidan Walker prepares for his future after high school basketball.

Now that the Varsity Basketball season has ended, Aidan Walker is looking forward to his college basketball career. Walker plans to play all four years of college basketball and would also like to study business.

Walker would like to continue to play the position Shooting Guard and a little bit of being a Point Guard. “Right now, I do not know what college I would like to go to,” says Walker. Walker would like to attend a college that will fully offer him his basketball passion.

For right now, Walker has college acceptances from St. Leo University, St. Thomas University, Stetson University, and Lynn University. “I would probably go to St. Leo, St. Thomas, or Stetson,” says Walker. He is keeping his options open to other colleges.

When asked how he could have improved during the season Walker said, “Throughout the season I would score more.” He averaged 13 points per game this season. Walker also hoped that he could be more aggressive and even make a dunk during one of the games.

Coach T has prepared Aidan with a great work ethic and mind for the next level in his life. Coach T has been a great coach to Aidan and the other basketball team players by helping them embrace their skill sets to be able to win games as a team.

Walker wished he could bring all his teammates to college with him so they could play on the team together once more. Walker has a strong bond that is very unbreakable with his teammates.

Before coming to JCS, Walker previously attended Cardinal Newman High School. He also played for their basketball team. Walker feels the JCS Varsity Basketball team has improved his skill set to a higher level. Walker thinks that the difference is he has a tighter bond with his teammates now than he had at his previous school.

Overall, God has helped Aidan Walker mentally focus on his love for basketball. Although, Aidan will be missed by all of his friends, he has a great future ahead of him.