Training in the Off Season

JUPITER, FLORIDA – One way athletes keep sharp for their regular season is to train in the the off season. One example of this is 7 on 7 Football, which has just begun playing exhibition matches to prepare for the Spring Football season.

7 on 7 Football is football with no pads, with 7 members on each team, and only passing the ball. This helps the skill position players and quarterbacks improve and hone in on their skills for when tackle football begins. My 7 on 7 Football team is not well known because we do not play games on site. We travel throughout Florida. Our Quarterback for the team, Champ Smith, was interviewed about football for this year. When asked about what he was most excited for he said, “I’m most excited to win games and improve as a team.”

Champ is eager to win tournaments in the coming months. When asked about how he was going to prepare for the tournaments, he said, “We are currently playing exhibition matches against other teams. On February 21, we played a match against Jupiter High, and we dominated them.”

This is a good sign leading up into tournament play. 7 on 7 is safer than tackle football as well, which is why some prefer it. When asked which version of football he prefers, Champ said, “I love both, but in 7 on 7, I throw the ball on every play!” The main focus of 7 on 7 is to improve for tackle football, but that does not mean it is not a serious sport. Our team is ready for the difficult challenges ahead and we will emerge victorious.