Spanish Culture with a Servant’s Heart

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – I interviewed Mrs. Hessel about her Spanish Culture R.E.A.C.H Week overall experience.

Mrs. Hessel felt that many of the things she saw during the week were positive and reflected God and represented Jupiter Christian. Mrs. Hessel said she saw a “servant’s heart in everyone.” She was incredibly proud of every student that attended the Spanish Culture trip. She saw that many of the students came out of their comfort zones while serving. As well as seeing the “beauty of everyone’s hearts.”

Every student did it with happiness and did it to the best of their ability. I asked Mrs. Hessel if she was stressed during the week, and she said she was a bit stressed. Mainly just because she needed to make sure everything we were there to complete got completed and done correctly.

Mrs. Hessel explained how if while we are serving we are not following instructions we are not honoring God or our parents. She saw that the students honored God with their talents with painting, making art, and serving the homeless. Mrs. Hessel said something that made a lot of sense.

She explained how many of the people who saw us serving were not used to seeing kids serving. But now this could be a more normal occurrence. Mrs. Hessel said that in the process it seemed unorganized at times and stressful, but at the end everyone saw the full picture, and it was worth it. Mrs. Hessel said there could have been a slight change in attitude and behavior. Because if we have a more positive mindset and attitude while we are serving everything will run more smoothly and be more organized.

Mrs. Hessel did say many times that we served very well. She also said that the most difficult part of the trip was the two days spent painting. She was worried that we would not have been able to leave with the building looking better than when we came. But in the end, everything worked out.

I also asked her what her favorite part of the week was, and she simply said it was seeing everyone out of the classroom and seeing us doing what God has called us to do and be – God’s hands and feet. Mrs. Hessel loved seeing everyone with a servant’s heart. She explained how God was and is incredibly proud of each student that served. She also enjoyed going to the Vizcaya Museum on Friday.

My favorite thing Mrs. Hessel said was when she told me we can continue to serve God. Outside or inside the school, whether it is related to school or not, we are representatives of God and His glory.