Reach Week 2023

Reach Week 2023

FLORIDA – For R.E.A.C.H. Week 2023, I went on college tours to Stetson, Rollins, Miami, UCF and FAU.

These college tours were separate from the tours done at JCS, and I did them on my own time. Each of these colleges were very different and some were better than others. My favorite college that I visited was UCF. The University of Central Florida is a public research university located in Orlando, Florida. It was founded in 1963 and has grown to become one of the largest universities in the United States, with an enrollment of over 70,000 students across its main campus in Orlando and its regional campuses in several other cities in the state.

A close second was Stetson University. Stetson University is a private, liberal arts university located in DeLand, Florida. Founded in 1883, it is one of the oldest and most respected universities in the state. Stetson University is known for its rigorous academic programs, small class sizes, and commitment to experiential learning. This was the best looking school by far, which makes people want to attend even more.

A convenient college I visited that is the backup school for many people was FAU. Florida Atlantic University is a public research university located in Boca Raton, Florida. It was established in 1961 and has since grown to become one of the largest universities in Florida. The university has several campuses throughout the region, including a main campus in Boca Raton, as well as satellite campuses in Fort Lauderdale, Davie, and Jupiter. I like this college because it is very convenient, and it is not far away from where I live so it would be easy to go there as a backup school.

Overall, my R.E.A.C.H Week trip helped me to determine colleges that I would consider going to and ones that I would not consider going to. It also helped me to learn more about college life, and how I would handle moving to a new place. This experience helped me to prepare for the future, and I hope to visit other colleges in due time.