Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

The Wizard of Oz – Truly Spectacular!

GENERATION CHURCH – At JCS the Spring Musical has always been something that people enjoy participating in and watching. This year’s performance was one of the best JCS has seen.

This year’s play was The Wizard of Oz. Though it may seem normal for JCS to put on a musical, it is harder than it looks, and takes a lot of people that aren’t seen on stage to put it together. Putting on the musical takes months of practice, set design, and skill leading up to the final days when the play is finally performed.

During this process, the JCS cast, pit, and crew were expected to come for play rehearsal to make sure everything was set for opening night. Whether you were on stage, backstage, or in the pit you were for sure going to be doing a substantial amount of work.

Joining the play isn’t just about being part of a performance but joining a community. Ensemble Vocal Captain Deborah Cohen enjoyed spending time with beloved friends. Performing allows students to branch out, meet new people, and try new things – making a great environment for fun times and even more fun experiences.

The play took a lot to put together and wouldn’t have been as great as it was without the crew, pit, and actors working together. And they all did an amazing job! The Wizard of Oz, produced and performed by our JCS cast, pit, and crew, was phenomenal! With opening night on Friday, April 21, and two additional performances on Saturday, April 22, the show played to a packed house at each showing. The smart move for any JCS performance is always to buy your tickets in advance. Our plays always seem to sell out!

And no wonder with the stellar people behind each performance. Space would fail us to mention everyone, but a huge shout out goes to the entire directorial staff led by Musical Director Hannah Jackson. We also congratulate and thank the entire backstage crew, among whom JCS student Paula Fabrega took on multiple roles and was a true leader for her fellow students.

And, of course, we can’t forget our talented cast. We wish we could mention everyone by name. Principle cast members Kylie Martin (Dorothy), Taylor Bishop (Matinee Dorothy), Breelyn Tirado (Aunt Em), Ayden Smith (Uncle Henry), Lucas Muzzillo (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz), Mack Fernandez (Scarecrow), Luke Malone (Tin Man), Logan Martin (Cowardly Lion), Katelyn Tirado (The Wicked Witch of the West), and Iris Gardner (Glinda) proved both their grace and skill on stage, and we know we speak for many when we say we hope they will share their talent with us again soon.

This year’s performance was not to be missed. And if you did, well, you missed out on something truly spectacular!