Insights on the Student Chapel Takeover

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, April 12, 2023 – JCS held student-led chapels for the month of April. Students posed questions regarding faith and other spiritual matters during the panel discussion that took place the first week, and a group of chosen individuals responded.

One of the questions asked was how do we know the voice of Jesus, and how can we know that it is Him speaking to us? Eden Price, a junior here at Jupiter Christian, responded with an analogy she learned from DE Psychology teacher Mrs. Rowe. She said to imagine you were in a room filled with people and you were searching for one of your family members. You would quickly be able to find them if they called out to you because you know their voice. Connecting with God is similar, if we spend time with Him, we learn His voice.

Eden believes that there are a lot of Christians in the JCS community, and it is truly diverse because there are also a lot of unbelievers as well. With that being said, unbelievers have a lot of influence on the Christians, and they are being less bold about their faith. This is taking a lot of Christian influence out of the school. Eden believes this was the heart of the reason the school decided to have Student Takeover. The school knew there needed to be a change.

“I am so glad the school decided to do this,” says Eden. These Student Takeovers were very beneficial to the school.

This is true because it taught many students how to improve their walk with the Lord. The whole motive behind this week was to help people step out in their faith. The proof that God was working in students’ lives was when the whole student body stepped down for prayer from their peers and teachers.

Eden shared a personal testimony on how the last day impacted her. She said she was asked to pray over students and that it was a very scary thing to have people come to you for prayer and she was feeling a little intimidated. But being able to pray over people who were older and younger encouraged her in her faith and showed her that God uses people of all ages to show His love.

Eden believes that Mrs. Carman is one of the most spiritually influential teachers here at Jupiter Christian. She said that Mrs. Carman has helped her through so much and has spoken a lot of wisdom into her life. “The Student Takeover was one of the most spiritually influential three weeks of the whole school year,” says Eden.