Why Join Varsity Football?

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – When Scorpio Robinson came to Jupiter Christian School in 2022, he decided to join the football team, hoping to gain some new friends. But he found something even better – Robinson shares that he found a “brotherhood.”

Robinson began playing football as a lineman at Jupiter Christian School in 2022 as a junior. Robinson and his family had just moved to South Florida from the Bahamas in 2021. Playing football was a new sport for Robinson as he had spent most of his athletic career as a competitive swimmer. Finding a brotherhood through JCS Football helped him with the transition to a new sport. Robinson said his teammates at JCS are what keep him motivated when going through hard practices, saying they help him by “pushing” him when he’s tired.

He also says his teammates, specifically “Bobby, Manny, Josh, and Josiah,” are his biggest supporters when it comes to football.

Head Jupiter Christian School Football Coach Baz Alfred trains his players to become the best they can be. JCS Football has practice Monday through Friday from 3:30-6:00 p.m., and sometimes, these practices run long. Joining the JCS Varsity Football team is not as easy as it may seem. Players on the team constantly have to be on their “A” game since they are headed to the first game in the playoffs. Robinson shared that the only reason they made it there was by the help and encouragement of the team. With the help of his lineman brothers, he’s able to make it through the long, difficult practices.

Robinson plans on playing football in college, and he will continue to bring his all to practice and work his hardest to get an offer. But going to college isn’t all about football; there’s also the academic aspect of the matter.

Robinson shared that he balances being a student-athlete well by putting school first, saying his grades “always come first.” But once he gets to the field, he puts all of his other thoughts aside and focuses just on playing football.

Robinson also shared how he glorifies God as an athlete at Jupiter Christian School, saying he is always “pushing” and doing everything to the “best of his abilities.”

JCS is blessed to have football players who support each other on and off the field. Robinson and his teammate’s hard work and sportsmanship helped them play a great season and helped lead them to the first game in the playoffs.