Varsity Track: At the Starting Line

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – I had the honor of interviewing sophomore, Joe Licata, who is a member of the Jupiter Christian Varsity Track team. I asked Joe a series of questions concerning his experience of Varsity Track so far. I started by asking Joe how he felt about the Track season so far. He informed me that he is really enjoying the season so far and looks forward to reaching his goals this season. I followed up by asking him what his goals are for this season and he told me that he is excited to become a better runner than he was last year and that he hopes to place even higher than he did last year. I asked Joe how he felt with his team so far and if they were bonding. He told me that he is very happy with his track team and they are bonding through working out and practicing together.  I also asked Joe to walk me through what a typical track practice looks like. He told me that a practice consists of warming up, stretching, and plenty of running. I wanted to know what Joe thinks is the most difficult part of track and he told me that the most difficult part is staying strong mentally because during a race you have to push yourself to keep going when your body wants to give up.