Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

Study Hall

Study+Hall

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Study Hall is a class that many students at JCS take. Is that a good thing? Do the students really get much done? Is it worth wasting a class period when they could be learning a new instrument or getting exercise? Well, many of the students in the study hall view it as a time to work, not a time to play at all.  

7th grader, Livia Dunagan said, “I try to finish my homework in study hall so that when I get home, I don’t need to worry about it, especially if I have practice.” She gets most of her math homework and lots of her AR book read every day. Study hall is a wonderful opportunity to get homework done at school instead of at home. For some people, homework is not a big deal but for people like Livia who have practice several times a week, there is not much time for homework.  

Livia mentioned that sometimes they play games, but only educational games. They have Fun Fridays every week. On Fridays they are allowed to play board games if they are finished with all of their work. So, it seems like a study hall can be very productive but is it still worth the waste of a class? Is it a waste of a class? 

Maylee Mize says that she thinks that study hall is not a waste at all. Maylee believes that study hall is an opportunity to work together in community on homework and studying. Maylee said, “I really like having a teacher like Ms. Sust who can help us with homework.” She also mentioned how she has lots of friends in her class to talk to and to help her with anything. Maylee says that she also works really well in study hall since there aren’t any distractions and it’s quiet.  

Study Hall sounds like a great class for some hard-working students, but not for everyone. Study hall is a perfect class for people who can work hard and get things done. Maylee and Livia are both volleyball players who have practice after school very frequently. They both take advantage of the opportunity to get their homework done early.