Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

Middle School Sports Overview

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – The JCS Middle School sports teams had a wonderful year, with a range from the Volleyball team to the Basketball team.

Every sport teaches you a life lesson, and it may even be a different life lesson than your teammates got for the same sport. Tommy Klingseisen said that one of the most valuable life lessons he learned was, “Not to give up and to try harder each day.” Motivation and effort are some of the most important things in playing a sport. “I’m just going to say teamwork honestly,” Rowen Kukreja said. All three of the girls interviewed, Rowen, Maylee Mize, and Livia Dunagan, were all part of one of the Volleyball teams, and they were all unanimous on this vote.

For the rising 6th graders, and for those who want to try a new sport next year, the interviewed boys and girls gave a piece of advice. “Just play out of school and practice,” Landon Larson said. Practicing hard and consistently may be the best way to improve your skills. Maylee Mize came up with a different tactic, saying, “Don’t be afraid.” Courage is a strong aspect in volleyball, which Maylee plays, as well as in all other sports.

For encouragement to all coaches out there, the boys and girls interviewed were asked that if they could only ask one coach to come back, who would that be? “Coach Rodriguez!” Kendall Dana replied. Coach Rodriguez was a football coach from this season. “Maylee’s mom,” Livia Dunagan replied. Coach Mize is the coach for the Varsity Women’s Volleyball team and coached the summer camp.

Sports is one of the few things that keep students going, physically and mentally, and it is wonderful to be able to do something that you enjoy while keeping yourself calm and collected. The JCS Middle School Students had a wonderful experience, and many students can’t wait to do it again.