Beloved Teacher Shares Homecoming Memories

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – SEPTEMBER 20, 2022, Mrs. Eisenback, the JCS Homecoming Queen of 1985, says it was a great honor.

Mrs. Eisenback thinks Homecoming is important because it “…can bring unity into your school and into your class.” Homecoming is a fun way we can all get together and have an enjoyable time. Her favorite part about Homecoming was when she and all her classmates got to create floats and put them into the parade they had. It was a terrific way for everyone to come together and produce float ideas. When Mrs. Eisenback was in school it was a Homecoming soccer game, not a football game. She wishes we still made the floats and had them in a parade.

Mrs. Eisenback’s most cherished memories of Homecoming were the times she was able to spend with her friends after school. The pep rallies she attended were also a highlight of Homecoming. Some advice Mrs. Eisenback would give to freshmen embarking on their first ever Homecoming would be, “Don’t be afraid of what people think of you, embrace it, get out and just have fun and make memories.” Over the years she said that she has noticed that freshmen normally come together and have a wonderful time. She also said, “Sometimes as we get older, we think that it’s not cool anymore, but just have fun.”

Mrs. Eisenback said that she loves seeing everyone dressed up in their gowns and suits. And that the dress code for Homecoming is in place to keep everyone modest. Mrs. Eisenback thinks voting for the Homecoming King and Queen is a wonderful way of showing support for our fellow classmates. When Mrs. Eisenback was in school, there was only a Homecoming Queen. There was no Homecoming King; the Queen would just choose someone to escort her.

To conclude, I hope you learned about some important Homecoming traditions and how they have changed over the years.