Inside the Mind of the Red Rocket

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Senior Student-Athlete Alex Rosario shares his high school football experience.

“I want to become a more positive role model to my peers,” says Alex Rosario. Rosario is currently a senior, this year. His passion is football and he is the star running back for the JCS football team. Rosario has attended Jupiter Christian School for the past three years.

As his high school journey comes to an end, Rosario has accomplished a great deal throughout his high school football journey. Each year, he has shown more and more improvement. Rosario works with his teammates each game to accomplish a win. Rosario refers to his teammates as his family; they’re his brothers.

Rosario is looked up to highly by his teammates. The leadership he shows encourages others to continue getting better and to push themselves. Rosario’s teammates always have something positive to say about him. “He is very hardworking, considerate, hilarious, uplifting, and always tries to give a helping hand,” says Gideon Douglas, his teammate.

“Alex has been an extremely hard worker. He has been doing everything that we want him to do, and he has put in all of the work in the off-season, and now he is reaping all the benefits and having an amazing season,” says Coach Baz.

“I look up to Coach Baz because he is a respectable man; he always knows how to address the situation perfectly,” says Rosario. Coach Baz is a role model to Rosario; he thinks very highly of him. Coach Baz values his faith very strongly, and Rosario respects him very much because of this.

During his senior season, Rosario has scored a total of 18 touchdowns but has scored 19 touchdowns with his pick 6. Rosario averages 2-3 touchdowns each game, as he is the starting running back for his team. Although his fans may know him as the star on the football field, Rosario also plays baseball for the Jupiter Christian Eagles.

Outside of school, Rosario owns two businesses of his own. He plans to open his third business in the future. Even after high school, Rosario is still dedicated to keeping up with all his businesses. Rosario wants all his businesses to flourish and continue to keep growing.

“I play football for my family, to go to college, and to change the way people look at my last name,” says Rosario. His passion for football is endless. Being able to continue football is all Rosario wants for his future. Rosario may not know which college he would like to attend right now, but college is in the future for him.

“Don’t let anyone outwork you; if you wanna become the best, you got to beat yourself,” says Rosario.

As he is almost wrapping up his senior football season, he wishes for all his fellow teammates to continue working hard and pushing themselves.