Biblical Perspective of Christmas

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Christmas to most people, is a time to get gifts and eat food, but as Christians, Christmas has a much different meaning.

Although Christmas is not mentioned in the Bible, it is biblical to celebrate the first coming of Christ and His birth. The celebration of Christmas started in Rome about AD 336, but it did not become a major Christian celebration until the 9th Century.

Junior Daniel Licata was interviewed about his perspective on this holiday, from the point of view of Christianity. He said, “Christmas is about celebrating the birth of our Savior and celebrating the joy that Jesus has brought to the world for us, and everything he has done for us.”

Christmas is not just about getting gifts, but about celebrating the reason we get to walk this earth and have eternal life. Since Christmas is the anniversary of the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, this is why it is the most important holiday for Christians. It is easy to get wrapped up in the spirit of gift giving and receiving, but you shouldn’t lose sight of what Christmas is truly about.

Christmas is the season of joy and happiness, but the main point is celebrating the glory of God, and what He did for us.