The Importance of the Christmas Prophecies

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Mr. Trageser shares his insights on the birth of Christ.

Mr. Trageser loves Mary’s willingness to take on any backlash from society. She was willing to do whatever God had for her no matter what the consequences would bring her. He thinks that the story can apply to himself because he needs to accept whatever God has in store for him. He also wants his students to relate to this story and to grow in their obedience to the Lord.

He thinks that this story shows how good God truly is. Jesus, who is human, is taking on the weight of the world. “Jesus chose to come down in the flesh to be a part of humanity to show that He was willing to take on human form to reveal that He went through the same temptations that we deal with,” says Mr. Trageser.

Mr. Trageser thinks that the greatest evidence behind the birth of Jesus would be the prophecies that Jesus fulfilled. Among them is Isaiah 7:14, which reads, “Therefore, the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.”

King Herod was jealous when he heard that Jesus was born. Out of rage and jealousy, he ordered the killing of the young boys in Bethlehem under two years old. In doing this, he fulfilled the prophecy spoken in Jeremiah 31:15, “A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more.”

“There are numerous more prophecies that we could look at, but even these two brings great evidence that Jesus was born as the Messiah,” says Mr. Trageser.

He believes that if Jesus did not come down then it would make it difficult to realize the true love of God. That is why we must remember who God is and what He did for us.