Ebenezer Week at JCS

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, January 2023 – A few weeks ago, JCS celebrated a new concept, Ebenezer Week, essentially the shadow of Spiritual Emphasis Week. This week helped us remember what we learned and the pledge to God we made during S.E.W. According to Grace Avonda, one of the many students that was affected by S.E.W., her Ebenezer stone helps her remember the message that chapel has instilled. She says that she keeps her stone in her locker. She wrote “Jesus is better” on her stone. As she explained, it’s because it helps remind her that Jesus is above all, so she keeps Him as a top priority.

Ebenezer stones are like a reminder on your phone depending on where you keep them. They remind you about the message you have learned from God throughout your day. During the weeks following our Spiritual Emphasis Week, it can be seen and felt that there is a newfound appreciation for God among our student body. Grace said in her interview that even she can feel the influence of God more lately at JCS. This is what makes Ebenezer Week so important. It keeps the hype from our past Spiritual Emphasis Week going. These stones, no matter where they are kept, serve as a point to reflect.

As long as you see them every day, you will remember the presence of God you felt during Spiritual Emphasis Week, long after it is over. This keeps the student body at JCS’s spirits for the Bible alive, allowing everyone to reflect.