Men’s Bible Study

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, January 26, 2023 – Following Jordan Arce’s amazing and impactful sermons, Jupiter Christian decided to implement a Men’s Bible study into the week. The Men’s Bible Study has recently started up during Fridays at lunch time in Mr. Wilson’s room and the door is open to anyone looking to find a group of individuals who want to genuinely pursue Christ.

The student led teaching involves diving into the Bible, talking about what is read, and trying to understand God’s word. Recently, I was given the chance to interview Hunter Wilkinson regarding how he feels about Men’s Bible Study at JCS. Pastor Bill gave Hunter the opportunity to lead the study. To understand more about the Men’s Bible Study, I asked him how the Bible Study has impacted his own life. He replied with, “Personally, I just like having the opportunity to meet with a couple guys and dive into the word.” Hunter’s goal is help others “reaffirm their faith in Christ” and grow in the word.

The process which he undergoes to prepare himself before teaching or sharing a testimony includes, “…praying throughout the week…” and “…going over notes…”, before he shares a devotion. I wondered throughout this interview why Jupiter Christian had waited until now to start this type of Bible Study that is student led. I also asked Hunter whether he believed Jupiter Christian would continue this type of Bible Study even after he is gone. Hunter believes JCS will and he hopes that next year a senior will rise to the plate and help others grow in their faith in God just as he has done.

We are thankful to Hunter Wilkinson, a senior who is willing to give time to his student body and become a leader on campus. If you ever need a place to go during lunch on Fridays stop by Mr. Wilson’s room and learn more about God’s word.