JCS EAGLES MEN’S SOCCER PLAYOFFS

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – The JCS Varsity Men’s Soccer team just concluded their spectacular regular season and played at home for their first playoff game.

This game was against Pineapple Cove Classical Academy in the FHSAA District Quarter Final on January 26, 2023. Both teams came in with a record of seven wins and six losses. Jupiter Christian came in on two straight wins which helped fuel their momentum into the playoffs. Unfortunately, before the game, JCS suffered the loss of their star goalkeeper Hunter Wilkinson due to an ACL tear, which caused apprehension going into the playoffs.

Before the game, I interviewed Eagles defender Daniel Licata about the team’s chances in the game. He said, “This team has great chances to win this game!” About the loss of Hunter, Daniel said “Hunter was a key asset in winning games. I think Luke will do a good job to help us get the win, so it is all on him this game.” And Luke definitely rose to the occasion! The Eagles needed to step up on the defensive side of the ball in order to take some of the pressure off of their backup goalkeeper.

Offensively, the Eagles needed to produce goals. The Eagles three main goal scorers, Lorenzo, Jace, and Josh needed to pass the ball in order to effectively take open shots and put the ball in the back of the net. About the Eagle’s offense Daniel said, “These players have produced goals for us this entire season, and I do not expect that to stop in the playoffs.”

Lorenzo and Jace are leading the team with nine goals each, propelling this team into the playoffs. When asked about the key to winning this game Daniel said, “The key to winning this game will be our team’s chemistry, and how well we can get the ball down the field in order to take good shots on goal.”

The Eagles were confident going into the game and expected to come home with a win and go through to the next round of the playoffs. They did not disappoint in the Quarter Final bringing home a hard fought 3-2 victory in double overtime. Way to go, Eagles!