Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

Why you Should Stay at JCS for High School

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Some students at JCS are staying here for high school and some are not. I interviewed two middle school students who will be staying at Jupiter Christian for high school. 

Livia Dunagan, a 7th grader who has been going to JCS since 5th grade and Amelia McAlees who has been here since preschool have both decided that they’re most likely staying here for high school. Why is it that both of these students are continuing to be loyal to JCS all throughout high school? Livia says, “This is a good school, and my mom likes that we’re learning about God.” Amelia had a completely different answer, saying, “All of my family goes here or have gone here, and I’ve gone here for a really long time.” 

Some reasons why they might consider switching schools is that there might be more or better opportunities at a bigger school. A bigger school like Jupiter High School offers many more classes and opportunities that JCS does not. Livia says, “I might consider going to a public school because there’s more people to get to know and I won’t just know everything about everyone.” This is something else to consider about public schools. For some people a big school is a perfect environment but for others there are way too many people, and they prefer a tighter circle.  

They also both mentioned that they would not want to switch schools since it would be so unfamiliar, and they wouldn’t have a Bible class. Livia said, “My Mom doesn’t want me to switch schools since she doesn’t like the idea of us not having chapel or Bible.” Amelia added that she loves to get to see all the people that she’s known since she was five. 

Some people love JCS and will never leave and others prefer bigger environments for high school, but this is a decision that every middle schooler must make.