Sydow’s Salvation

Sydows+Salvation

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Mrs. Sydow is the JCS Middle School Guidance Counselor and is a staple to the middle school team. However, few people know how she got to know Christ and how she has devoted her life to the Lord.

Mrs. Sydow grew up in Florida and went to Christ Fellowship with her mom. For high school, she attended Jupiter High School and went to college at Florida Atlantic University. She says that she always grew up going to church and accepted Christ at a young age in Sunday school. Mrs. Sydow says, “But I really don’t think I fully knew Christ until after college and I started going back to church after college and serving and that’s when I really, like really really, knew Christ.”

Mrs. Sydow is a very devoted Christian and a leader for everyone she knows. Everyone who is like this always has a role model that led them to become the person that they are. She says that the first person to inspire her love for Christ was her grandma. “She was a huge role model in my walk with Christ,” says Sydow, “…when we went to her house we would always pray before meals, and we would be serving at church all the time and I think that’s kind of how I was shaped into me.”

One summer after college, Mrs. Sydow served in kids ministry for a youth group summer camp. When she saw all the high school students serving the Lord with all that they could, it challenged her to grow her faith even more. When asked about how students here at JCS can step into their life with Christ, she said this, “Ask questions. I think if students really want to know about being Christian and about the Bible and the Lord, they need to start asking questions to anyone that they trust. That could be someone like their Bible teachers or Mrs. Carley, me, Mr. A, or Mrs. Flesch because we are all strong in our faith and can answer any questions that they have or find answers to what they have.”

Mrs. Sydow has an amazing salvation story that will inspire all students she tells it too. She is an amazing addition to our school team and truly has a big heart for Christ.