Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
What is Kawasaki?
May 10, 2024
Image courtesy of Pixabay.com.
1 John 4:19
May 10, 2024

Domination On the Field

Sterling Lee dives for the ball.

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – It is the time we have all been waiting for: Spike Ball Season! With an opening day doubleheader of Luke Winters and Sean Lehnhoff versus Sterling Lee and Josh Gould, followed by a matchup of Noah Brown and Reed Ferris against Luke and Sean. In the first match, Luke and Sean’s teamwork and celebrations destroyed the challenging work of Josh and Sterling. Final Score 11:7!

At the halftime show, Mr. Wilson wowed spectators with his ultimate frisbee skills, highlighting all the skills needed to be good at the game. In the second game, Luke and Sean started off hot, claiming the first three points. Noah and Reed came together to discuss what they could do to stop the onslaught of spikes coming in their direction. It was not meant to be though, as Luke and Sean threw everything, they had at them, making the game as hard as possible for Noah and Reed, who were looking for their first point. As the game went on, it was clear that Luke and Sean had the advantage, as the final score was 7-0, the first skunk of the season. For those of you that do not know, a skunk is when one team gets to seven points before the other team scores any points, therefore ending the game. A skunk is the most humiliating thing in the sport of spike ball, so this was not the start to the season that Noah and Reed were looking for. However, this was just the start Luke and Sean were hoping for, as they started the season with back-to-back wins.

In the third and final game of the day, Sterling and Josh were looking for revenge as they lost the first game of the series. However, Luke and Sean had all the power to win all three games of the day, but it was not meant to be. Josh and Serling dug deep into their reserves of energy and ruined the sweep for Luke and Sean.