New Students at JCS

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – This school year, we have had many new students. One of these is Illiana Sacerio.

Illiana started at Jupiter Christian School this fall as a new student in the 11th grade. She also has a brother attending Jupiter Christian. He is a Senior starting as the JCS Eagles’ quarterback.

Illiana has enjoyed her first couple of weeks as a new student attending our school. In her words she says, “JCS is very much family orientated, and I like it a lot here.” Iliana has received a warm welcome to the Jupiter Christian family and hopes to keep life-lasting friendships.

“At my last public school, it was hard to focus in class. The kids were disrespecting teachers and the teachers had no respect for the kids.” Now at Jupiter Christian, Illiana can learn perfectly without any interruptions from peers or teachers. Illiana loves all her teachers at JCS and feels a great connection with every one of them. Iliana feels that each teacher has a special heart for their students, which makes it helpful for those currently new at Jupiter Christian.

“There was no spiritual life, no talks about God, or no chapel. It was just a regular public school,” says Illiana. At her previous school, Illiana had no spiritual life or any connection with God. She did not have full knowledge about God as she does now. Even though she may still be learning about God, she progresses daily. Illiana feels a better connection with God every day as she is taught about him in chapel and in her Bible class. From her experience, Illiana thinks the kids attending public school should know about God to help them get onto the right path.

“The school environment was more like a jail, but with more security that allowed you to do anything you wanted. You could roam around, and they would not say anything to you.” Illiana did not think that her previous school was as safe as Jupiter Christian. On all JCS campuses, safety is the number one priority. Illiana believes that now she is in a better and safer environment. She is able to put her studies and faith first.

Illiana Sacerio has adapted to JCS and enjoys all the relationships she has built in the past few weeks. While the school year begins to progress, she hopes to keep all the friendships she has made. Illiana encourages her peers to not be afraid of new changes but to find ways to adapt to them.