Powerful Publications

Powerful+Publications

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Mr. Fields is one of the many talented teachers at Jupiter Christian School. He loves showing God’s love to his students and teaching them how to utilize their skills to their benefit.

Mr. Fields teaches Journalism, Yearbook, and Videography. His favorite verse is Joshua 1:9, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (ESV).

Mr. Fields’ goals for the new Students Publications Department are to publish a new student newspaper every month, for his students in Videography to have the opportunity to meet people who are in that profession, and to publish a yearbook everyone will love. Mainly he wants his students to have a voice in the school. “I think the new Student Publications Department will be a great way to give our student body a voice in what happens in our school,” says Mr. Fields.

Mr. Fields has a passion for teaching and bringing up the future generation of leaders. He has been teaching for a total of 20 years in 3 separate places – one year in Oregon, ten years in Alaska, and nine years here at Jupiter Christian.

Mr. Fields became the Employee of the Month in August for his diligence and kindness to his students and people around him. Mr. Fields is a hard-working teacher! He was excited to become the Director of Student Publications because it was a new opportunity to learn new things.

“Scott Fields has a servant’s heart; he is consistently helpful to those around him,” said one member of the Employee of the Month nominating committee.

Mr. Fields taught English for 19 years, so he said it was, “nerveracking,” at first to become a Journalism and Videography teacher but he later realized these were some of his favorite classes. Before the school year he had to teach himself his new classes so he could teach them correctly. He took over the yearbook four years ago, and now he is the respected Director of Student Publications.