New to JCS Cheer

JUPITER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – Nina Ferreira and Miley Russell are two freshmen at JCS who just joined the JCS JV Cheer team.

They both wanted to join the Cheer team because they wanted to make new friends, try something new, and cheer at football games. Being on the Cheer team has helped and benefited Miley and Nina in many ways. It has benefited them by providing a new perspective on football games, making new friends, and creating a special bond with people. Miley says, “I got to meet new people and form a special bond with my cheer team and cheer for God.”

They have also learned how important it is to be trustworthy, loyal, and hardworking when you are a part of a team. By being at school from 7:50 in the morning to 6:00 at night they have picked up some time management skills for their homework. They learned habits such as prioritizing things. From this experience they learned how to cheer, good habits, and what a team really is.

Being new members of the team, Nina thought it would not be as strict and hard as it is. Nina states, “I didn’t expect to have to learn so many dances.” Miley, however, knew what to expect because she had done competitive cheer prior to joining the team, so she knew the hard work it takes. The Cheer team is full of dedication and hard work. They both prefer cheering at football games because it is a cool perspective, and it is more fun. Nina and Miley both said that they will do it next year and most likely until they graduate. I know that there are many pros to being on a cheer team but, according to Miley and Nina, the only con would be having less time to do homework, but to them it is all worth it.

Advice for future students who want to be a part of the JCS Cheer team is to not be lazy and be prepared. Both of those qualities are necessary in the cheer team. A memorable moment for them was their first game. They were excited to represent JCS. Nina also loved going to Orlando to compete. She states, “We didn’t win, but it was still so much fun.” Something they will never forget are all the fun bus rides before and after the game. They formed special bonds between each of their teammates and overall had a fun time. Nina and Miley recommend the JCS Cheer team to anyone who is looking to be challenged, have new experiences, and to be part of a wonderful team.

The JCS Cheer team is not only a team but a family that provides you with great experiences and skills that you will need in the future; and, of course, memories that you will forever cherish.